Friday, August 10, 2007

Pirates score 2 in the 1st and no more.........


Jason Bay's 1st inning homer (18) gave the Pirates a fast start and a 2-0 lead.
However,that was as good as it got,as Arizona chipped away and grabbed the lead for good in the seventh on their way to a 4-2 win.
Ian Snell allowed 2 runs over 6 innings in his best outing in a while and Freddie Sanchez added 3 hits including 2 doubles,but in the end it was the bullpen that again was the killer.
B.P.Chacon(4-3) allowed the winning run in the seventh and the normally reliable Damaso Marte allowed a 8th homer to Tony Clark.
The Bucs now travel to San Francisco for the weekend series.
From what I read,the Giants and their fans are looking forward to seeing Matt Morris again!

Pitching Matchup

Pittsburgh: Matt Morris (7-7) at San Francisco: Russ Ortiz (2-2) 10:15

Bullpen Notes

Looks like the poll thinks I am too harsh on the Hagerstown Suns.
Please remember my criticisms are about the Suns front office,not the players.

On the Suns,looks like a few people are coming and voting,but in a interesting note-none of them picked up the ball on telling me why I should be more positive.
On one hand,I am too negative,yet they cannot tell me anything to be more positive about.

Nice to see Cumberland's Aaron Laffey get his 1st big league win last night over the White Sox.
His little league district game vs Nick Adenhart was one of the two best little league games I have ever seen.

Finally,Our neighbors over at Wooden's world of baseball has a new post.
Always a good read over there!

Photo Credit
Bay-AP Photo-Matt York

3 comments:

Shawn said...

I think what the readers need to know is that any criticism towards Suns management is for one reason and one reason only-that Shawn really wants to keep baseball in Hagerstown. Let's face it, there's not nearly the support for the Suns there should be from fans or from the town itself. What needs to happen for people to start coming out for baseball?? Whatever it is-it is not in the status quo-it is not producing results. Not all is the blame of Sun's management either, since they are low man on their owner's totem pole, I'm going to assume they get the least allocated funds. But, I must admit from a family friendly point of view, I could do without "Thirsty Thursday" and I also could do without being forced to purchase a "Feed Your Face" ticket on Monday nights, if only want to see a ball game and choose to "Feed My Face" at home or elsewhere. Suns players have been terrific. Taking time out to sign autographs and converse with players...they're doing their part. But I would like to see the Suns organization reach out to and appreciate the fans they have and I would definitely like to seem them recruiting more. We don't want to see one good thing that Hagerstown has leave because of lack of effort or interest. Suns, you do have some great employees.
And the happier your dedicated hard core baseball fans are the more they are going to tell more fans from other areas just like them-that kind of advertising is best and it is free! Keep on trying Suns-it's only because no one wants to see the team go that we care enough to be concerned!

Cherie Heimberger

M said...

Hey man! Can we expect an NCAA football preview anytime soon? (Sorry, I don't follow baseball so I can't really comment on the current post.) I'll take Horns over Bucks at the Horseshoe--we on? I know you like OSU. . . .

BTW, you've been tagged on my blog.

--Michelle

Shawn said...

Thanks for stopping by,I hope to do some football in the next week or so,as baseball dies down on the Minor league front and begins turn the attention to the pigskin!