Saturday, July 12, 2014

He's back! LeBron James returns to Cleveland

I never really thought it could happen until a few weeks ago, but things fell into place just as they needed to and LeBron James will be returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

When we place all the animosity aside and I've had plenty of it towards James on my own, in my opinion, this might eventually be one of the greatest sports stories ever.
If things fall right and when it comes to Cleveland sports, things rarely fall perfectly.
However, this looks like it could work.
There are still pieces to be moved around and I'll be discussing the basketball end in a future post, but this strikes me as someone that simply wanted to return and rectify mistakes that were made.

I am choosing to believe that LeBron James truly has realized the mistakes that he made four years ago and although it is easy to say that after winning two championships, but in his well-crafted response in announcing his return, I believe it's sincere.
Now it is the time to get past the past and move onto the goal-getting a world championship for the city of Cleveland, state of Ohio and the Cavaliers organization.

Perhaps I'm guilty of approving the return because I want to win.
Likely that's true, Cherie looks at this differently and she wants no part of a return.
I also think that there is something to be said for forgiving, but not forgetting.at least until the career of LeBron James ends.
Today, he took a step forward in the court of not only public opinion, but in the eyes of basketball historians but attempting to right a wrong and I'll be pulling for the Cavaliers and LeBron James.
After all-he plays for my team.....


No comments: