Sunday, January 24, 2016

On the Signing Front

We don't finish up the complete pile,but we do finish the in person portion of the graphing season.
After this,I think the pile will be things that my friends and traders were able to get signed for me.

A trip to Altoona late in the season with Kendall Morris saw me get Nick Williams on his heritage and just miss J.P.Crawford as the two got to Kendall and I,they were pulled away.
The result meant I didn't get the other Williams card signed and missed Crawford all together on this trip.
Other than the 1 Williams,the only other card I was able to get was Ethan Martin on a 2013 heritage.
My friend Brett Shaw got two Curve players for me with Jose Osuna signing three and Erich Weiss adding one...

The final series of the season in Hagerstown was another visit from the Kannapolis Intimidators (White Sox).
Kannapolis was mainly team set cards,although I did add Thad Lowry from the SAL top prospect set.
The Suns brought up Jefry Rodriguez and I got Rodriguez to sign his Auburn and SAL prospect card,while both of the players in the New York/Penn top prospect sets from the Nationals signed as Suns in Erick Fedde and Andrew Stevenson.

A visit to Harrisburg for the Richmond Flying Squirrels allowed me to finish up the Giants AA team.
I was able to get a rehabbing Tanner Roark to sign his 2015 heritage card for the Senators.
I grabbed a few Squirrels with one of my favorite players all season Tyler Beede signing his Red Ice Bowman,Stars and Stripes,San Jose and Debut and the other of note was former third rounder Chase Johnson on cards from Salem-Keizer,Augusta and San Jose.
I also added Fresno cards from the past for Juan Ciriaco and Jackson Williams.
I always buy Columbus,Indianapolis and Sacramento (previously Fresno)to have them,but I rarely get cards from those sets finished,so it's always nice to add any that I can get...

We wrapped up the Frederick Keys season with a visit from the Winston-Salem Dash (White Sox).
The Dash initially claimed that they were not going to produce a team set this season,but the arrival of first rounder Carson Fulmer likely changed their mind.
So we had a team set to do and Mike Oravec and I did the Dash.
Mike worked on the Dash for us,while I did the home Keys and Orioles outfielder Dariel Alvarez for us.
Alvarez was playing for the Keys because the Orioles were in Toronto against the Blue Jays and for some reason Alvarez is not allowed in Canada.
So every time that the Orioles play in Toronto (twice a year),Alvarez has to find another place to play and keep sharp,
Alvarez signed his 2014 Bowie,Eastern League All-Star and 2015 Bowman's and was very nice doing it....

For the Dash,between Mike's work and another trip in the series,I was able to clear out the Dash set and Kannapolis players that had been promoted.
The best catch was Carson Fulmer on his Dash card and two USA cards with another interesting addition was former Olympic silver medalist in speed skating Eddy Alvarez on an Olympic card.
Alvarez was very nice and through the season when we got him on various team set cards and I enjoyed talking to him....

I think that finishes (no promises) the in-season signing,but I still have the pile filled with stuff from others,so the signing front is far from over!!!

No comments: