Monday, October 2, 2017

Happy 21 to Rachel

I feel old today.
I haven't been feeling well, some medication I'm taking isn't agreeing with me and yet I feel pretty good today in a different way.

My little girl turns 21 today.
Rachel's an adult in every way now and I feel pretty good about that.
I've always felt Rachel was special because she was always our "miracle child" because Cherie and I didn't think that we were going to have any other children after Ryan and after nine years, we were fortunate enough to have Rachel come into our lives.

Rachel and Cherie are literally best friends and Cherie says that they click so well together because Rachel has so many of my traits that she loves spending time with her.
My apologies to Rachel for being like me, if that's true, but I find it to be quite a compliment.
Rachel is a person that deals with people with honor.
She takes no quarter and asks none either.
She'll give anyone a chance, but if you hurt her or deal with her dishonorably, it's unlikely that she'll give you a second chance to do it again and if she does and you burn that chance-you might as well not exist.
\
She's also not for sale.
She doesn't go around friends or family just to gain something, if she feels that you aren't a good person, family has nothing to do with it -she's through with you.

All of that is true- so is this- She has her mother's heart.
She is as loyal as anyone I've ever met, like her mother.
If Rachel cares about you, she'll do anything for you and her heart is pure like her mom.
She cares about things that others don't and only people that are privileged to get close to her know that she can be very soft to those that she cares about.

She's the best person with dogs that I have ever seen and if I had the money to do it, I would set her up in a dog business tomorrow.
She cares about animals and I'm not sure she could take being in the animal hospital business, but she would be so good in boarding animals and once she had some training herself, she would be an excellent dog trainer with her ability to communicate and get them to learn commands.

My daughter is 21 today and she's a special person.
Someone Somewhere is going to be a very fortunate person and they don't even know it.
But until then, I'll be happy to keep her with us and enjoy what we have here.

Rachel, I love you more than you can know-Happy Birthday...



No comments: