Friday, May 24, 2019

Happy Anniversary

I actually forgot about the TRS anniversary a few months, but I was never going to forget this one.

I won't be spending very much of my 32nd anniversary with the lovely Cherie, thanks to part one of a scintillating three-day training for work brought to you by the state of Maryland (the celebration was earlier this week) and my time today is limited to this early morning note (unless I'm lucky enough to have time around lunch), so I wanted to type a few words about these 32 years.

As those of you that know me personally have discovered, I'm not an easy person to know and even in many cases like.
Cherie, besides being the most patient and tolerant soul that I know, brings a calmness to my life that I'm usually in desperate need of.
She deals with me with love and the passion that she has for her family and faith is at a level that I'm fortunate enough to be around.

32 years ago, it was a blazing hot day that the law deemed us husband and wife and we deliberately kept the wedding small, but even then many of the observers that day have moved on.
Some have passed away, another few drifted away as people do in life and yet others have walked away, but the consistency in my life has always come from the person here, that I write of here usually as "the lovely Cherie".

I don't have to make grand social media proclamations about having the best this or the best that, when you have good things, it's the folks that show through actions, not words that are best able to reveal what they have.
That's why you don't read/see me talking about the best wife or the best kids or bragging about an accomplishment, it's not about that.
It's about appreciating what I have personally with Cherie and the wonderful children that we have together that is the important thing.
Besides, so many others have good things as well, who am I to judge what others have?
Is there a power ranking for family life? Are we attempting to achieve a top-four ranking to reach the equivalent of the college football playoff?
When you put it that way, doesn't it seem sort of silly?
It's all about what works for them and therefore us.

Happy Anniversary, dear- Thanks for tolerating me and all of the dents and pings that come with me,
Let's keep the ball rolling for many many more of these!
Sorry that my time for this is short- blame Maryland!


No comments: