Sunday, March 29, 2020

Happy Anniversary- TRS is now a Teenager!

Teenager.
Thirteen Years.
That's how long I have been writing here on this humble bus stop on the internet and it's hard to believe it all started with a brief note on the Yankees signing Carl Pavano.

I asked friends on Facebook last week what entertainer came to mind when using the term "teen idol" and there were a few different answers, but the clear winner was David Cassidy, so it's Cassidy's picture for the 13th anniversary.
Thirteen years is a long time.
I have been writing here longer than almost anything that I have ever worked on other than the husband, father and working at my current employer.
I do it because I like doing it, although I get frustrated sometimes with grammatical errors that I never seem to find the time to correct as many as I see!
And there are times that I'm not always motivated, but I push past them more often than not.
I've been having a hard time of late, mainly because over the Covid-19 pandemic almost everything has hit the brakes and I have to try to generate content consistently.
What usually takes me a day has been taking two and I'm frustrated with whatever has been slowing me down.

I never expected to make thirteen years, I would have likely laughed at even the premise of this amount of time when I started TRS.
My life has changed since the start of TRS and so have I.
I'm a little calmer now, although you would have to have known me a while to see this, friends have come and gone with new friends arriving since then, and I've lost some people in my life too.
My mother and grandfather have passed away and four beloved pets have crossed that "rainbow bridge" so many pet owners talk about when our four-legged friends move on.
I've cut some people out too and while that can be painful, decisions aren't always easy and one often has to cut cancer out to heal the body.

I've had a few revitalizations too as my grandmother and I have reconnected in the last few years.
We once were quite close and I've felt like I've "gotten her back" of late.
The worst part of the Covid-19 for me has been staying away from my weekly visits with her.
The happiness that she shows when I walk in the door is something hard to explain and something that I don't deserve but I'll happily take- I'll be very glad when Covid-19 takes its leave from all of our lives.

I'm fortunate enough to have a wonderful bunch of family and friends that care about me and make sure my life is well.
The internet makes this easier than it would have years and years ago and while some of them are readers more than others, they are such an important part of my life.
From all my family and friends and to those that I've met on the internet and to those that read that I've never met- I thank you very much for taking the time to read my work and I hope I've been able to entertain you on an occasion or two.

Thanks again and see you for year 14...

No comments: