Wednesday, July 15, 2020

52

I've had a post waiting for me to add a picture, which means I would have to go and actually take the photo, but things have slipped up on me with the blog and the big 52nd birthday.

I think you'll find that one funny and I really want to have it available, but I really want the pictures to go with it, so it shall wait.

And we roll on and hit the latest mile marker on the road of life at number 52.

It's funny how things work out.
Some years the birthday seems like a big deal and other times, it will sneak up on you to give just enough time to think about things.

I've never been bothered by birthdays.
I know that they get to other people, but I've never minded them.
No one can fight the clock and it never lies, so why fight it?
Besides it's the one time of year that people think of you (social media makes this far easier, doesn't it?) just to say hello.

I must admit that this one is a bit different without my mother here.
I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't drifted off a few times in thought, but they have been good memories and I'd say it's been more of a positive than making me sad.
Of course, there is a void of sorts, but I do feel a little comfort that she isn't in pain and hating her life stuck in a chair.

Thanks to all of you for the best wishes and I appreciate them all.

And a special thanks to my family and good friends that help me along and check on me often.
I always seem to use these milestone dates to say thanks, so this time I'll say thank you all for all that you do and while you know who you are- also know you are appreciated...



No comments: