Monday, June 25, 2012

Catching up and snappin' some claws!

Been a bit lazy lately on here as I have been having some issues getting online at work.
I'll just comment on a few things and then get things back to normal...

Finally,Interleague play is over and I can enjoy baseball again.
I know I am screaming at the wind and telling it to stop blowing,but I really cannot stand it...

Finally starting to kick things in a bit for the upcoming fantasy football season.
Believe or not,I grabbed titles in both leagues that I played in,including another IFL title,which is the flagship for all the fantasy leagues that we (Ryan,Corey and I) run.
Beginning to get revved up for that special week in August,which will this year feature the New York/Penn league All-Star game,Browns training camp,the IFL Draft and my annual cookout,which is always a great time!

I must admit that I was not picking Josesito Lopez to beat Victor Ortiz,but as I watched the tape on Sunday morning with the lovely Cherie,I did see the possible result after a few rounds and told of the possibility.
Ortiz has a history of bowing out when the going gets tough and he did so yet again in his corner against Lopez at the end of round nine with a broken jaw.
The loss for Ortiz scuttled a PPV bout against 154 pound champ Canelo Alvarez and Ortiz and has left the promoter for Alvarez (Golden Boy) scrambling for a suitable replacement....

I don't buy PPV fights,but I might make an exception for the true Middleweight champ Sergio Martinez as he attempts to get his WBC belt back after being unfairly stripped from him to almost hand to Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
I always pulled for Chavez Sr,but rooting for Martinez on the 15th of September.
Anyone that wants to see the card,LMK as I will have to ask off work for the evening....

Looking forward to Thursday's NBA draft with the Cavaliers holding the fourth and twenty fourth picks in the first round.
Two rumors that I have heard have Cleveland moving up ( trading the two picks to Charlotte for the second pick) and down (shipping the fourth to Portland for the sixth and eleventh).
Of the two,if both are legitimate offers,I prefer Cleveland taking the latter deal,which would give the Cavaliers 6,11 and 24 plus two second rounders that might be able to swing more deals.
I hope to have a look Wednesday at the draft...

I have opinions on LeBron James,but they will wait for a later post!!!







No comments: