Friday, May 6, 2016

Browns sign their UFA's

Normally,I don't write posts on the players signed as undrafted free agents by the Browns.
However,with this crop of players being acclaimed as either the best or second best in the league by most sources,I decided to offer a few comments,..

There are a few players that I was surprised didn't get drafted on this list and I bet some of these signees make the Browns.

To me,the one player I am really happy about is Maryland's power leg Brad Craddock,who drilled 81 % of his field goals and won the Lou Groza Award as the best kicker in college in 2014.
Craddock didn't repeat the award due to missing time with an injury,but Craddock kicked several field goals of over fifty yards in showing the leg strength that incumbent Travis Coons lacks.
I asked my buddy Kendall Morris,a devout Maryland football fan about Craddock and Kendall reports that Craddock came to Maryland as a punter and with work with former Brown Matt Stover developed into quite an accurate kicker.
Kendall describes Craddock as having a "strong and accurate leg that reminds him of former Terp Nick Novak".
If Craddock is like Nick Novak,who has had a pretty good career,I'll take that all day!
If I had to make a prediction right now,I bet Brad Craddock is the Browns kicker for the opening game...

Dominique Alexander of Oklahoma is a talented linebacker that led the Sooners in tackles the last two seasons.
Alexander was a mild surprise in going undrafted and I like him as a player,but he does arrive in Cleveland with two other rookies in Joe Schobert and Scooby Wright,so he'll have to do well in camp to make the team.

Mike Matthews is a somewhat undersized center from Texas A&M that has been tutored by the best in his father-Hall of Famer Bruce Matthews.
Matthews is 6'0 and 290,which is pretty sizable for the average man,but undersized for an NFL lineman.
I still wouldn't be surprised to see Matthews work his way on this team and might just stick on motor and attitude,,,,

Two defensive backs are interesting in Tracy Howard of Miami Florida and Kenya Dennis of Missouri.
Howard was a highly touted recruit coming out of high school and Dennis was a captain as a Tiger.
Both were rated by Ourlad's Dan Shonka over the Browns 5th round corner Trey Caldwell,so either or even both could surprise in camp and make the club.

No comments: