Sunday, November 13, 2016

Turtled.Ohio State rolls over Maryland 62-3

The term "Turtled" comes up usually when in a fight,a person completely surrenders and put his arms over their head and pray for the best.
That's how watching this games felt as Ohio State hammered Maryland 62-3 in College Park.
J.T.Barrett threw for two scores and ran for two while Curtis Samuel ran for two and caught one of Barrett's TD tosses..
The now 9-1 (6-1 Big Ten) Buckeyes travel to East Lansing for a revenge game against the Spartans next Saturday...

Olentangy Offerings

1) Urban Meyer said after the game that the Buckeyes are making a concerted effort to get the ball into the hands of Curtis Samuel and the dividends paid off with 3 scores.
I look back at the losses in the Urban Meyer era and they all came down to not getting the ball in the hands of their best player.

2) The overmatched Terrapins lost their starting running back before the game to a suspension and then on their first drive,lost starting passer Perry Hills.
An overmatched team without those players? Big trouble..

3) Maryland wore their "red ops" unis for this game and might have been better suited to wait on those.
I posted on Facebook that I drank a glass of V-8 juice that had less red in it.
Red is my favorite color,but that was way too much of it..

4) Binjimen Victor caught his first TD pass in the blowout.
I really like Victor and I think he is going to be a huge part of next years offense..

5) Urban Meyer figured out that Dontre Wilson needed to be replaced as the punt returner and did so with Curtis Samuel.
While Samuel will do a fine job,I'm sure,I'd still rather see someone else doing that job to save to hits on Samuel.

6) The above picture is tight end Marcus Baugh hurdling over a Terrapin defender.
Not a bad leap over a six foot player.
I've been more and more impressed by Baugh as the season progresses

7) Mike Weber came into the game with a shoulder issues,but still rushed for over 90 yards before ending his day early.
I like those decisions for a nicked up player,need him to be ready for the last two games.

8) Loved Urban Meyer's answer to which player was more of a Heisman contender-Curtis Samuel or J.T, Barrett- "Beat Michigan State:.

9) As much as I enjoy these beatings in conference play,I always feel a little bad when it is Maryland.
I've written before about my years of Terrapin fandom and wish that I would have never been forced to choose between the two.
I still can't get used to the Terrapin basketball program being in the Big 10 and I always feel bad after these football poundings..

10) What were the odds that a team would win two conference games in a row by the exact score of 62-3???

No comments: