Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Palentine's Day?

As a big fan of the television series "Parks and Recreation", the lead character "Leslie Knope" created her own holiday "Galentine's Day" which is for ladies and all their friends.

Guys aren't doing that with "Valentine's Day", although it wouldn't be the worse idea that I've ever heard for my baseball buddies to try in the off-season, so I put my own spin on the "holiday" by taking both of my ladies out for lunch and spending the day with them.
I was fortunate to have Tuesday off (I've been working them during the winter) for a change and decided to do something a little special.

They each have become fans of a newer pizza place in town in Noralli's and I took them where they wanted to go.
The pizza was fine (I had something called the Farm which didn't have any vegetables, go figure) and the company was better.
I need to do more of that and even though Cherie and I do this once or twice a week, I need to make time more often.

At the same time, the real season nears as less than two months from now, I'll be traveling as I have two small trips planned for the first month of the season.
Cannot get here fast enough for me...



No comments: