Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Catching the bug.

Finally, a few weeks into quarantine the sports bug is back as far as watching goes with a few events from the past.

Between DVD's and YouTube, there are tons of great events available to watch, it was just a matter of wanting to watch.

I completed the 1986 Masters today with Jack Nicklaus coming from off the pace for the surprise victory at 46 and I'm currently watching the opening game of the USFL as the Chicago Blitz travel to Washington for the return of George Allen to town against the Federals.
Later tonight could be some basketball or maybe even boxing as I'm going to rewatch what may be the best fight that I have ever watched and that could be my next post.

It's funny about classic sports when you rewatch them- it's not as much about the actual performance of the athletes, but the memories that return of you looking back at the person that watched that particular event.
That's not always the case because in some cases I might not have seen it before or if I did, I may not have remembered where I was watching, but often the fun in watching is the story-telling of viewing the first time.

I've tried to find a mix between events that I have personal memories and ones that perhaps I don't and would be fun to watch on a different level.
I'll be back from the work office tonight with either an inbox cleaning or a tributes edition.


No comments: