Monday, March 29, 2021

Happy 14th Anniversary

   Today's the 14th anniversary of the day that this blog began and except for my family and my job, it's the longest that I have ever stuck with anything in my life.

I wish I had a clip of Larry Zbyszko crowing about his "14 Glorious years"
to play here in this spot!

It's hard to believe that I still do this after all these years and you'd think that I would be close to running out of things to write about from the past and even with sports, which isn't exactly making things easy to be excited about of late.

I also find that I've become politically jaded.

While I think much of the mess politically is due to the corruption of the previous President, the larger issue is the division and climate that allowed his election in the first place.

I have become almost news-averse politically because I just don't have the stomach for the rhetoric used and the absolute lack of any type of compromise or working together from either political party.

So I've faded out of writing about politics and policy, I just don't have the stomach for it, and that is a definitive change from fourteen years ago.

I've also become disenchanted with baseball as Rob Manfred has single-handedly led a demolition on about every level of the game that made me consider not buying the MLB.TV package this year.

I reluctantly decided to do so but mainly due to Manfred's blow-up of the minors leaves me with the closest team 90 minutes away and working overnights, many of those nights are not feasible with work.

I'll have more time to watch major league baseball, so I may be writing more, but who really knows.

Before I finish, I'd like to thank my family and friends (you all know who you are) for your support and words of encouragement with this venture.

I always find it hard to believe that anyone reads this, so I will admit that it makes me feel good when someone mentions something that I wrote about.

Thanks also to any of you out there that doesn't know me yet reads this occasionally.

It's also rewarding when people that don't know you like what you write about enough to look around.

Thanks again to all of you!

This should be an interesting year for me and TRS.

Lack of minor league baseball nearby for the first time in almost forty years, the (hopefully) beginning of a return to normal behavior with Covid-19 giving some hopes that we might be beating it finally, and who knows what I'll be getting into and where.

Bear with me and whatever the results are, I'll be here writing about it...

Here's to another great year...

No comments: