Thursday, May 27, 2021

Since I’ve been away

     I have been more than a bit busy of late and I thought that I would write a bit, explain a little about the ups and downs of the last ten days, and why I have written so little with TRS suffering as a result.

I drove to Ohio to pick up Cherie's anniversary present, which I had hoped to have written about by now and will do so soon, and had a good time.

The picture is from my final stop for dinner on the way home in Triadelphia WV.

I found a few things for Ryan's collections and one small thing for my own.

But the problem came when I returned home as an incident at work, that I cannot really discuss due to confidentiality, resulted in a few minor injuries.

I'm not in bad shape, but they are still visible and not healed (but improving) over a week later.

Again, I cannot get into things too much, but the problems at work are still there and I'm not the only one dealing with them.

The result has been this over the eight days since.

I don't feel like doing much.

I haven't watched a sporting event other than Taylor-Ramirez and I don't feel like I'm missing much.

I had a nice day on my anniversary and I'll write about that sometime as well, but generally, I'm not finding enjoyment in things often.

I've played one game of Action sports and it felt like I was forcing playing rather than enjoying it and I've seldom watched television as well.

I'm just not able to relax and enjoy things.

Everything is about what happened at work, what is happening there, and what will happen in the upcoming night.

I'm just feeling disinterested in so many of the things that I usually enjoy.

This brings me here.

I haven't felt like writing either.

I usually feel like I don't have enough time to write or occasionally things to write about.

That's not the case this time.

I have my trip, Cherie's gift, a filled inbox, three good ideas for a post sitting in the development folder that has been started but not finished, a one of a kind item that I connect with personally that I recently purchased, and videos for the program collection to be worked on.

And I don't feel like doing any of it right now.


So in short, I haven't been motivated.

This took a lot for me to sit down to write, and I'm not really looking for attention.

I'm letting the people that do read this know why I haven't done very much and if the 'slog' continues and why.

I'm sure I'll do a boxing challenge and cover the Saturday events, but I don't know what else I will do.

One day, I'll want to do something and I'll get to work doing this.

It's what I love doing and the enjoyment I receive from it is more than financial, so I'll be back I'm sure, and maybe even soon regularly.

Just wanted to let you all know.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hope everything gets better!!! Been through a funk or 2 last few years.. Things improve. You know I'm always around if you need to vent.. That's what friends are for!!

Shawn said...

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it.
If I could talk openly about what happened and is happening, I would, but I can't.
I'm hoping things turn around soon with this issue, but I don't have very much pull on this one.
Thanks again for thinking of me.