Thursday, July 15, 2021

53

   53 isn't only the number of Herbie the Love Bug, it's my age as of today.

As I've written before, I've been struggling to write as often of late and when I do, it takes longer to complete.

Much of that is due to my waning interest in sports.

While I feel that this is hopefully temporary, it's hard to say that I know for sure that my rabid interest would return.

The only sports that emerged from the pandemic at the same level of interest with me has been boxing and football but while basketball and hockey interest was because the Cavaliers and Devils aren't very good, I blame my flagging interest in baseball due to not having live baseball nearby, the ridiculous changes to the major league game, and Rob Manfred and all that comes with the worst commissioner in sports, which really does cover a wide amounf of ground.

While I can't really get into my changes at work, they are substantial and cause me a great deal of stress every day but I am working on doing better with it and I feel that things are improving.

I find that while I don't have a lot of interest in things, there isn't a lot that I'm doing but I don't miss going to games and autographing as much as I thought I would.

I do miss some of my friends there, but not the grind or the hot weather.

Now, to the salute to the people that care about me most-

I don't know what I'd do without my family around, Cherie, Ryan, and Rachel's support and tolerance means the world to me.

I have my share of friends in this life, but a special note to Fred Landucci and Mike Oravec.

I've never had friends like them before, that's not a knock on my older friends at all, but they check on me all the time and care about my well being and that's far before the last two months.

And special notes to Denise Nicarry, who allows me to play the bratty little brother that I've never been before. My favorite Aunt Becky and Uncle Terry and my favorite cousin Missy.

The relationship that I have with all of them are very important to me.

There are many others that I could name like Derreck Chupak or Corey Cunningham, or my nephew Jeff, of course come to think of it, I did just name them!

And the friends that I've never met but I've felt like I've known them forever like Ramon Malpica and Ian McArdle as well.

If I've forgotten anyone, please don't take it personally- I wrote early in the morning while at work and the mind does get foggy.

Thanks to all mentioned and even if not, I appreciate you all- Hope to see you next year here for 54.


No comments: