Friday, July 15, 2022

54

   54.

I am not sure I ever counted on reaching any particular age and while I respect that many people don't enjoy their birthday, I always have.

I'm not over the top about it but I do usually have fun with it.

I enjoyed this year's version but it's a little different for some reason.

I feel like things that once were important, gradually haven't become so.

Sports don't seem as important and the only baseball I watch is the few games that I have attended for work other than two games with Mike Oravec at new stadiums, one visit in which I still have to write about.

I still am passionate about boxing and football but my hockey interest has waned a bit as Rachel lost interest and rooting for a team with one playoff trip (and a first round exit) in a decade can do that to a person.

It just seems like all I do is work, which is a person that I could never have imagined years ago, I don't do a lot, and I don't really feel like doing much either.

I have a good time on trips but I don't feel like doing much else.

I spend a lot of time trying (and often failing) to sleep and I just stay inside a lot.

I feel like I have little time to do anything and yet rarely does anything appeal to me to do but while reading what you have just skimmed may seem like the words of a person that is either unhappy or severely bored and that's not really the case.

I read more than before (and that really does say a lot) and I find that I'm reading even more on different topics as I try to learn and expand my knowledge.

I worry about things, not aging as much as the changes that comes with the body and health issues and of course Covid-19.

I'm not a person that lives in fear and I go places when I wish but I certainly do carry caution with people I don't know.

All of which makes me no different than anyone else.

My life is pretty good- Thanks to my wonderful family and friends and all that they do..

No comments: