Thursday, August 8, 2024

Road Trip: Finding Paladin or Have Collectibles Will Travel

     The next day on the trip was Cherie and I's thirty-seventh anniversary, so we kept the day low-key.

We agreed far ahead of time about the trip being our gifts to each other, so we kept that day very basic as we started the day with a visit to Conrad's elementary school for his award as "Tiger of the Month" complete with school fight song "We are the Tigers".

I've always thought teams named the Tigers used the song "Tiger Rag" but times change.

After that concluded, Cherie and I returned to the hotel for a while before another visit to the hospital to see Archie.

I never got tired of that trip but I did leave for a bit to go shopping in Omaha as Conrad needed a thing for an upcoming football camp the following day.

We spent the rest of the day around the hotel and enjoyed hanging out with plenty of talk about the good times.

The following day, we had agreed to take Conrad to his football camp, starring Kansas City Chief running back Isiah Pacheco, because Archie was coming home and that's what we could do to help.

After making the football camp stop, we traveled to an Omaha suburb, Gretna, and our second trip to a Brass Armadillo!

At the Omaha Armadillo, I found this Exhibit card of Richard Boone, the star of the 50s television show Have Gun Will Travel.

The case with this card was in the first row that we walked through, but I took note of it in case I didn't overspend.

The Exhibit Company produced postcard-sized cards in the forties, fifties, and sixties and they came out of vending machines one card at a time with cards of baseball and football stars, singers, and film and television stars.

I wound up buying it for 15.50 and it came with three other Hollywood cards from the set as well.

I only knew one of them (Gene Barry of Bat Masterson TV fame) but I would have bought the "Paladin" card anyway, so the others were an added bonus.

That was the only thing that I bought for myself here, although Cherie and I found some things for other people. Still, I was very close to buying a vintage Mego Catwoman, but the price was a little higher than I saw it on eBay and I decided to pass.

We drove back to Ryan's for pizza and a visit before ending the day back at the hotel.

The following day was our day with Ryan, who showed us the sights of Omaha but that will wait until the next installment. 

No comments: