Thursday, August 12, 2010

On the signing front


More from the signing front as we look at visits from both of the Atlanta Braves affiliates in A ball-the Rome Braves and Myrtle Beach Pelicans and a abbreviated evening for the Kinston Indians in Frederick.

I only had time to get a few cards signed for Kinston as the game was a last minute trip with my dad.
Considering the circumstances getting what I did was a success for me as I had to settle for mostly pitchers with exception of outfield prospect Abner Abreu,who is always very nice.
T.J. House always has time to talk when he signs and I am hoping that House becomes a success in the bigs because I love his attitude.
Other nice additions were Marty Popham and Cory Burns,who are both pitching well this season.

Rome hit Hagerstown with prospects,but some were down with injuries.
Brett DeVall signed everything I had and was super nice as was promising catching prospect Christian Bethancourt.
Pitchers Cory Rasmus,Robinson Lopez and David Hale were other nice pickups,although Hale was a player that I just missed until the final day of the series....

Myrtle Beach was disappointing as I missed "Uber prospect Julio Teheran as he dazzled the Keys in his start.
I was unable to stay until the games end due to work and when I returned the next day,Teheran had been promoted to AA Mississippi.
Bummer.
Teheran was signing before the game,but was pulled away by manager Rocket Wheeler,who apologized to us for taking him away.
Cannot be upset about that,he is there to do a job after all and Wheeler was very nice about it.
Randall Delgado went to AA with Teheran,but I was able to get Delgado as well as righthander Zeke Spruill,who I had missed three times for various reasons.
Spruill had a mixed reputation for signing,but did all I had and chatted some as well.
The star to me though was Tyrelle Harris,who left the clubhouse with a good natured word or two that asked "Who has anything for Harris!?"
Super guy and spent about five minutes talking after he was finished signing.

I also was able to get two Suns to sign their AFLAC High School cards as both Destin Hood and Adrian Nieto signed.
Nieto always talks to me a bit when he signs and I am hoping that the Washington organization gives him more of a chances next season behind the plate

Thanks to some friends around this time.

To Bill Cover for getting me Dominic Brown's leaping catch Clearwater card signed at Reading.

To the "Superfan" for getting me former Indian All Star Ray Fosse on three cards including his 1973 Kelloggs Card at Camden Yards.

The following players signed through the mail as well-former Met outfielder Dan Norman and former Padre pitcher Floyd Chiffer.

The next signing front will look at the second Frederick Keys set,West Virginia's final visit,stuff signed on the trip and a bounty of stuff sent by another friend....

No comments: