Friday, May 24, 2013

Happy Anniversary!

Not to the blog,which I realized today that I missed ours back in March,but to my wonderful wife,the lovely Cherie for 26 years.

It is amazing that I had the foresight at such an young age to make such a prescient selection.
It was not like I dated a lot (hardly at all) and with one exception before Cherie,I was not someone that pined away with huge crushes either.
For someone at 15 to know not only the person that he wanted to spend his life with,but then have that be the correct decision and live a terrific life with that person,well,that's pretty special. And lucky.

All things considered,I've been blessed with Cherie.
She tolerates things that few do and usually (in non-allergy season) with a smile and an knowing sigh of what she decided to live her life with.
So,she may not always feel blessed with me,but I know I have been blessed.

Sometimes,when life gets rough and I get pouty about decisions that I could take back,I think about what I have and I wouldn't swap it for the things that I have thrown away.
Jobs,money,possessions all would be nice,but it just would not be the same without Cherie being with me......

And I'll even make her happy with a rare picture of me to post here with her.
I hate taking pictures,I hate looking at myself because they,well,look like me and as Jim Bouton once said Joe Torre-I tend to dissolve camera lenses.
However,she likes them,so go figure....

Thanks for indulging me,I'll be back tomorrow with a quick preview of the Carl Froch-Mikkel Kessler rematch from England.....

No comments: