Thursday, July 18, 2013

Cleaning out the inbox

Time to clean out the inbox with an item that I never thought could happen again.

However,it has with the return of Keith Olbermann to ESPN with a daily talk show on ESPN2 at 11 PM titled "Olbermann".
The mercurial Olbermann has had stormy departures from every network that he had left and the bridge to Bristol had thought to be long burned.
Good for both parties for giving the talented Olbermann a chance to return,now let's see if it can work out....

I spent much of yesterday teaching the Chupaks the wonders of Strat O Matic baseball and then I find this article on Rex Ryan being a long time lover of the game from the New York Times.
The story is as much about SOM as Ryan and like Rex,I too miss the more subtle game over the numerous additions of later years,although I do like the ballpark effect....

The New York Times also scores with an article on Alex Rodriguez and his return to Reading Pa,which focuses more on the issues in Reading.
I was surprised to read of problems there,as I quite liked it in my one visit there....

Ryan sends me this note and offers a possibility of a "Morbid road trip" of 300 game winners and their graves.
Five of these are close enough for us to drive to and anything that Ryan wants to do,I'm likely to consider.
Check it out as it is very interesting. 

The NCAA must be concerned by the lawsuit by Ed O'bannon and other former stars.
Concerned enough to cancel their sanction of EA Sports college football game for next year.
EA Sports will make the game anyway and as long as they can use the school logos,names and uniforms,I don't think the NCAA portion will be missed.....

Norah O'Donnell has been a long time favorite of mine and her hometown newspaper in San Antonio writes about her role in the improvement of the CBS This Morning program in the ratings.
Norah and another long time favorite Charlie Rose make the show well worth a look,although I could take or leave Gayle King.

No comments: