Thursday, July 4, 2013

Nicole Mitchell Interview-Part 4

We continue our interview with former Weather Channel meteorologist Nicole Mitchell.
I've drawn this out longer than I had hoped, so hopefully, the final two parts will be posted quicker than the current ones.
Thanks again to Nicole...

TRS:  One thing as an old watcher was the difference in the ladies dress, During one lawsuit against TWC,it seemed that every lady in the studio was dressing in more conservative clothing, Was this a response to the suit and mandated by the management or was this just the style of the times?

NM: No comment

TRS: At TWC, was there a wardrobe department or were you responsible for buying your own things?

NM: Sometimes there were shoppers to help us and sometimes we bought our own things.

TRS: I could not do this without asking about the release from TWC, I don't expect you to answer considering the impending case, but to catch people up, you are suing TWC for releasing you for your military service and not for job performance, Do you think this was also the reason for being moved from mornings to late nights?

NM: Yes, I believe it was a factor. My press conference is on line, I think it lays out pretty well some of what happened.

TRS: What was the reason given for the breakup of you and Paul (Goodloe)?
Had they already told you that they were not going to renew your contract?

NM: Yes, they had already told me I would be terminated. Moving me off my show with Paul came shortly after I refused to sign away my legal rights.

TRS:  Nicole, this is one that you can write as much or as little as you wish on the basics of your case, etc,
I figure it would work better to have you write what you want to get across than for me to ask a general question

NM: Right now I am in the process of a lawsuit against TWC and NBC. The short version is that I faced repeated harassment surrounding my military service and eventually I was terminated. I believe the inconvenience of my military schedule motivated the decision, and if so, that is unlawful under federal protections for military service.
For specific details of what happened to me at TWC, and explanation of the law, etc., my press conference is available at:


My lawyer lays out my case, then I start at about 19minutes in and talk about what some Reservists go through with civilian employers.

TRS: After you left TWC, Samantha Mohr made a post on her TWC approved Facebook page that you had left to do "films in Hollywood" and you responded on that page with something along the lines of "I barely know Samantha Mohr, haven't been in contact with her and have no idea why she would say that".
Do you remember this and do you think that it could have a TWC issue to downplay your leaving?

NM: I recall someone making a comment like that, I thought it was Heather (Tesch). Regardless, yes, my termination was obviously downplayed. There were untrue rumors allowed to circulate on everything from me being called to active duty to me quitting TWC to practice law.

TRS: How did TWC tell you that you were not having your contract renewed?

NM: I was called in for what I was told was my mid-year review, but instead, I was told I would be terminated. It was just days after returning from 2 weeks of military duty.

Photo Credit: Nicole Mitchell

No comments: