Wednesday, January 1, 2014

On the Signing Front

The Pile is growing smaller and this will be the next to last signing front of the year.
The next one will be my biggest post of stuff of the season and all from one person,so be on the look out for that one!

Thanks to Jason Christensen,who helped me during the Trenton-Binghamton playoff series.Jason gives me extras of guys and that's always great!
Jason also got me Gary Sanchez on his Top 100 and Mason Williams as well during the series.
Thanks for another great year,Jason!!

Thanks to Mike Oravec,who continues to help me with his mail successes with former Indians,Giants and Pirates.
My favorite might have been former Indian and Pirate shortstop Felix Fermin as a Prince William Pirate!
Mike also has given some extras from the early 90's Crown gas Orioles set too.
I have never liked the Orioles,but I love getting those cards signed as they are in many cases the only cards in an Oriole uniform that some players have.
Some favorites that Mike sent me from that set were Pete Ward,Jim Gentile and Fred Beene.
Thanks for the graphing help as well as our friendship,Mike!

Tom O'Brien continued to help me at Bowie,but he came through for me with two cards that I have long wanted signed-the 1970 and 1971 Indians cards of Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson!
Tom got the Hawk for me when the White Sox visited Baltimore and I love the additions to the collection!
Tom also helped at Bowie with former Pirate Jake Fox on his Indianapolis card,Giants prospect Joe Panik on his Topps debut card and Twins pitching prospect Trevor May on his debut among others.
Tom also helped with some players from the independent league,most notably Trevor Reckling on his Bowman top 100 refractor from a few years back.
I pulled that card out of a pack myself,so that made it even cooler.
Again,Thanks for another great year,Tom!

Finally to the mailbox,I have only sent scattered things out this year,but when old stuff comes back,it is always a treat.
Former Astros and Mariners catcher Skip Jutze
Former Mariners pitcher Brian Allard destroyed my record for longest wait with a return in 1,019 days,but held the record for just two weeks when former Yankees and Orioles catcher Rick Dempsey returned his in 1,023.
Former White Sox pitching prospect Tom Drees
Former Red Sox infielder (and an fan of mine in-person) Ed Romero! Persistence pays off!
And our buddy Jordan Conley signed his 2012 Jupiter card....
Hoping to get Jordan back for a winter interview.

Next signing front will be a big one to wrap up the 2013 season!




No comments: