Sunday, December 21, 2014

Clunker vs Capitals in 4-0 Devils loss

The New Jersey Devils followed up a losing streak snapping win with a effort that calling it lazy would be charitable on my part.
The 4-0 loss to the Washington Capitals was so bad that I switched over to Bowling Green in their Camellia Bowl appearance on another channel.
New Jersey takes a few days off until Tuesday at the Rock against the almost as awful Carolina Hurricanes...

Hell Raisers

1) Cory Schneider did stop Alexander Ovechkin on a penalty shot.So we got that going for us..

2) The Ovechkin goal was one smooth shot after backhanding the puck between his legs and trucking right on past Jon Merrill.
When the player makes a move like that,you just have to shake your head and move on-nothing anyone's doing about that....

3) Seth Helgeson did try to turn things around with a glove dropping with Michael Latta,so that's something.
I guess..

4) The Devils aren't very good as we've noted,but coming off a win,does anyone have an answer for why after a win that snapped a long losing streak,Peter DeBoer decided to revamp the lineup?
I don't have one,so if you do-let me know....

5) I noted in a Q and A,that I watch this awful mess instead of a winning Cavalier team because of sharing them with Rachel.
Right now,it seems like I'm sharing a tuna salad that's sat out in the sun for a week.
This is so bad that it makes me feel bad having her watch this garbage.
I'm used to watching bad teams-After all,I root for the Browns among others,but this seems like it is going downhill in a hurry.
I'll offer more next week in what will be a scathing indictment of this team what's wrong with it and what could be done to start fixing things-Because this product is just beyond bad....

6) I'm not sure the Devils are in the Connor McDavid sweepstakes yet,but I can dream.
The Devils would draft fifth right now with 30 points.but they have played more games than the teams below them.
I can see them getting passed by Buffalo and Arizona,but they still have 8 more points than Carolina and 10 more than Edmonton.
I can hope they can get to third and pray for lottery luck.
McDavid is the type of player that the Devils have never had-Tell me we land him and I'll live with this trainwreck that I'll have to watch for another 47 (yes 47) games......

No comments: