Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Once in a while...

I've been not as productive as I would have liked to have been as I've noted to start the new year, but I have some things coming both in the news and some features to write about so I can feel the wheels starting to turn.

In the near future, I have the final piece on Andrew McCutchen coming (that actually has been already started), the Browns making what looks to be another smart hire in Todd Haley to become the offensive coordinator and likely replace Hue Jackson as the play caller in Cleveland and the Giants signing former Indian Austin Jackson to patrol triples alley in AT&T Park, so there will be plenty to write about over the next few days.

On occasion (and once in a while I've written in the past along these lines), I wonder about things here.
I have never done a lot of the things that really promoted the blog (and the old podcast) well, I'm not a strong self-promoter and I've never even had advertising here through the years, despite the occasional offers because I just like having the freedom to do and say what I want.
It bothers me to this day that I lost a friendship over something I said on Twitter about Donald Trump that made my friend and sponsor of the podcast upset and that has just entrenched me even more that unless someone wants to pay me enough (yeah, right) to make this my livelihood (yeah, right) then I really don't want to be in a position to have to please any sponsor, advertiser etc.

And that leads to Fightheads and what I do every Monday night with Ramon Malpica.
As a boxing fan dating back to childhood, boxing has evolved from something that I shared with many to something that was a solitary passion until this crazy thing called the internet and more importantly Twitter.
That's where I met Ramon, who is strong in every area that I am weak- he is a great promoter and loves to push the name, show and all that comes with it out there and that leads in a long winded way to why I wrote about this instead of the news this morning.

Someone that you don't know sends you a note saying that they like the show.
It is the type of thing that many hear all the time, but when people that I don't know tell me that they enjoy what I do-It makes my day.
Not everyone has to agree with me on anything or everything, but on those occasions when someone takes the time to say they liked something I wrote here or something I talked about on Fightheads, It makes me feel good, because they took their time to read/listen to my work and then liked it enough to then let me know.

Good to know...
Back later tonight with more!!



No comments: