Sunday, November 17, 2019

Buckeyes roll over Rutgers

The game on the scoreboard was closer than expected, but it still was completely uncompetitive as Ohio State crushed Rutgers 56-21 in Piscataway.

Almost all of the starters were pulled before the second half and Justin Fields was finished after leading the Buckeyes to a touchdown on their first possession of the second half.
Fields threw for 305 yards in his half plus one possession of work and threw four touchdowns in that time with two of those going to Binjimin Victor.
Chris Olave led the air attack with 139 yards and J.K. Dobbins scored two touchdowns to go with his one-half total of 89 yards to pace the Ohio State offense.
Ohio State improves to 10-0 overall and 7-0 in the Big Ten and will face Penn State in their final home game this Saturday at noon.
A Buckeye victory would clinch the Big Ten East and guarantee a trip to the championship game in Indianapolis.

I've written in the past that the hardest posts to write are these blowouts and to be honest, I watched very little of the second half as I watched the much closer game in Iowa City, as the Hawkeyes poked a hole in the boat and ended Minnesota's undefeated season.
It appears now that as long as Wisconsin doesn't lose to 4-6 Purdue in Madison next Saturday, the battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe will determine the winner of the Big Ten West.

Since I didn't watch much of the second half and I've been feeling a bit run down this week, I'm going to stop here and leave the box score for posterity,
I have a work thing tomorrow, BUT when I have time, I think I have a pretty good post on tap.
I hope you'll enjoy it..

No comments: