Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Danny Rosenbaum Interview-Part 2

We move on to part two of our interview with Danny Rosenbaum.
This will be a five part interview that will finish over the next few days.
I have another interview sitting in the inbox,another with questions already sent and yet another agreed upon interview,so the next month should have some good stuff coming up.
Back with more tomorrow on the Devils final game before the All-Star break...


TRS: What was it like attending a college in a urban environment in Cincinnati?
 
DR: It was great. there's always things to do, and being from Cincinnati, I know the city pretty well. We are about 5 minutes from downtown which has developed into a very nice area. We are 5 minutes from the university of Cincinnati. Its great, I love it.

TRS: Is the Xavier-Cincinnati rivalry as strong in baseball as it is in basketball?
 
DR: Personally I don't think so. It's always a rivalry and it's fun to play each other. But we get to play each other like 3-5 times during the year. A lot of us play or have played with each other on summer teams so you become good friends with them. It's nice to win but it's isn't like playing a weekend series against Dayton or Rhode Island. Basketball on the other hand is a whole different story. The crosstown shootout every year is such an exciting event. It's on ESPN every year and it's an intense battle between these teams that is amazing to watch. I can't really explain what its like to be at one of these games.
Editor's Note: if I could attend one college basketball game,the Xavier-Cincinnati game would be my pick.
Watching on television shows such an electric environment and I am sure that even TV cannot show the true event....
 
TRS:Why did you decide to leave Xavier to join the Nationals rather than return for your senior season?

DR: My junior season didn't go as well as I planned, so I saw this as an opportunity to start over. The Nationals are giving me a shot and I felt like I needed to take it. I was on the border of going back to school but the decision I made just felt right.
 
TRS: Were there some teams more than others that appeared interested in drafting you?
How did you find out about being drafted and how were negotiations?
 
DR: Yeah ,I honestly thought I was going to be drafted by the Blue Jays because there was a scout that came to a lot of my games and showed a lot of interest. But when it came to draft day I thought wrong. I was just sitting there watching my computer and listening with my parents for my name to be called. I didn't have much room to negotiate because I was a mid round draft pick, but it all worked out for the best.

Photo Credit-InsideNova.com

No comments: