Thursday, February 24, 2011

Erik Arnesen Interview-Part 3

Part three of our interview with Erik Arnesen continues today with a look at Erik's winter ball experience...

TRS: Some pitchers are pretty superstitious,do you have any particular routines on the mound or on game day that you do not deviate from?

EA: I don't think I am superstitious, but I do have routines that I follow. I do the same pregame warm up, stretch and throw routines before each game. I also say a quick prayer before I get on the mound before each inning.

TRS:You pitched winter ball for the first time this off season-Was this your decision or the Nationals offered you the option of doing so?

EA: I was encouraged to play winter ball by the Nationals, but in the end it was my decision to go play.

TRS: Did you have the option of what Winter league to play in between the four leagues (Dominican Republic,Mexico,Puerto Rico,Venezuela) and if so,why did you select Puerto Rico?

EA: I had an option to play in either Mexico or Puerto Rico. The money they were offering was the same, so I decided on Puerto Rico because I knew some of the players going down there.

TRS:The fans in the Caribbean are reported to be quite wild,Is this the case and if so any crazy nights with the Puerto Rican fans?

EA: It was interesting playing in Puerto Rico. The different stadiums had bands and cheerleaders. It was definitely an experience.

TRS:Your numbers were very strong after your first game in the league,which look to be inflated by a home run off you.
Any thoughts on the first game in the league?

EA: I threw well while I was in Puerto Rico. I gave up a few home runs that accounted for most of the runs I allowed, but it is not something I am concerned with.


Coming up soon will be the fourth and final part of our chat with Erik Arnesen....

No comments: