Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Erik Arnesen Interview-Part 4

We finish the Erik Arnesen interview today with the fourth installment.
I have another interview ready to post,but I am trying to decide whether I want to do the Pirates and Indians top 15 prospects yet before posting....

TRS: After winter ball,do you continue a hard regimen of training or do you rest a bit in order to recharge for the long upcoming season?

EA: I stopped throwing for a little bit after Puerto Rico, but I started working out right away. I am still training heavily and have started getting my arm ready for the season.

TRS: Has the Nationals pitching philosophy changed much with the turnover in the front office/farm system executives and if so how...

EA: The philosophy has remained the same through the turnover. Work hard, throw strikes, keep the ball down, and don't be afraid of contact. 

TRS:Going into the 2011 season,I would assume you would be assigned to Syracuse,is the expectation as being a starter,swingman or reliever?

EA: I'm just going to work hard and do my best in whatever role I am assigned.

TRS: Last year,you were teammates with Stephen Strasburg,your thoughts on the constant mania around him (media and fans) and any interesting stories how Strasburg and the team members dealt with it...

EA: It was a lot of fun playing with Strasburg. The mania around him was crazy and it was great to be a part of it.

TRS: Finally,I asked this question in the other interviews and I liked your answers,
Tell me more about your faith,its advantages in keeping things in perspective and how it has helped you in your climb up the baseball ladder...


EA: My faith has always been and will continue to be first in my life. I try to live my life in a way that will give God the glory in everything I do on and off the field. It's an incredible feeling to know that no matter what happens I always have the Lord behind me. In the good times and the bad. My wife and I are having our first child, a boy, due in early April and I thank God for the new addition to my family.


Thanks again to Erik for taking the time and here is hoping to see a big league debut this season for Erik...

No comments: