Monday, August 29, 2011

Thinking about things

I have been gone for over a week and just did not have much to say.
I did not miss the grind much of working on this and really took a long look at things here.

I have always said that when this was not fun and/or had nothing to say that things would cease and this break did not start that way.
At first,I just got busy,but then it progressed to having nothing to say (mainly because I just was not seeing Pirate games due to going to games myself or late starts due to time zones) and moved on to just not wanting to write.

This summer has been a brutal one on me.
Way too much work to grab the greenback dollar has cost me time with my family and hammered my time going to the ballpark.
I had become a "grapher" more than a baseball fan this year due to my work commitments.
I am not complaining about that for the most part,but I simply did not get to see as much baseball for the season as I usually do and that did not make me very happy during a demanding time that saw me just beaten down by the time spent at a place that ranks lower on the list than family,sports,and recreational time.
Sadly,that does not end for the final homestand for the Suns either with three workdays,an added workday for a friend and a family engagement on Labor Day.
I am hoping that will change next season,the money was nice,but the lack of fun was not.

How does that relate to this blog?
At first,not much as long as I had time to write,but over the last week,I reevaluated things as far as the blog goes and here is what I basically decided-I like doing this,but I am going to make one small change.
A change that that may not even occur that much.
The one thing that becomes the least fun for me at times has been the daily game recaps and mainly that is the Pirates as that is the daily grind that most resembles work.
I have never wanted to take the shortcut of writing about games that I did not see because I am basically recapping other writers work or going by strictly the box scores and there is far more to the game than what one can glean from that.
Considering that,I am not putting as much pressure on myself for Pirate recaps.
The other teams that we cover are not as time sensitive as the Pirates and I have more time in the other sports seasons to add game coverage.
I really do not think that things will change that much,but in an attempt to keep things enjoyable,this is a decision that I have made.

I hope to get back into the routine later today with some thoughts from the inbox and I hope to add a "Signing Front" post soon (too many stacks of cards sitting around here!) along with an Ohio State preview with the Buckeyes opening against Akron on Saturday...


No comments: