Friday, October 28, 2011

The Top ten wrestlers-Guest Column

I'm number One! WHOO!!!!
My younger brother,Shane Shadows will be offering his opinions on the top ten wrestlers of all time today.
Shane says that I limited myself to a classic mat style instead of an overall view,but hey,it's my list and that is what I like!
In any event,Shane offered his list using my parameters.
The wrestlers capitalized are those that did not make my list.
As always,all guest columnists opinions are their own,not those of TRS,except where noted.
Enjoy!


10) Dory Funk Jr- A real chessmaster...solid and believable

9)  Rick  Steamboat- A magnificent seller, very aerial for his time

8) Shawn Michaels- A lot more flamboyant then Steamboat, bigger bump taker

7) HARLEY RACE- One of 3 major omissions from your list,IMO- tough & incredibly durable, slow but believable

6)  Kurt Angle- If he would have got into this earlier in life, he'd be number 1 without a doubt

5) NICK BOCKWINKEL-Smooth & effortless in his movements & manuevers, so good I thought he was toying with his opponents

4) Mitsuharu Misawa- A great classic worker

3) Jumbo Tsuruta- Had it all...size,speed,toughness. WAR!

2) TERRY FUNK- Not the total technician his brother was, but Terry combined all the elements- skill,excitement,believability

1) Ric Flair- still the best...I would prefer him to retire, but 1981-1991 was as good a run with a wide variety as their may ever be.

Honorable: Bret, Kobashi,Windham, Hennig, Dibiase,Bruiser Brody, Terry Gordy

Editors Note-Had I worked on a top 15 list,Harley Race and Terry Funk would have been 11 and 12 without a doubt.
Nick Bockwinkel likely would have made the 11-15,but I overlooked him,which is why I did not give him an honorable mention listing.
Had I added those 5 to the list,it would have likely been in this order-Terry Funk,Harley Race,Terry Gordy,Jack Brisco and Nick Bockwinkel or Barry Windham in the last spot....

No comments: