Tuesday, January 10, 2012

On the signing front-

More from the past years signing front as I continue to try to get cards put away in what seems to be a futile battle!

Until I get these caught up,the lists will be briefer with team name,where acquired in brackets and notable pickups and noted help from a friend..

Mail-
Baseball mail graphs go in order of how I received them,while non-baseball gets listed faster.

Baseball
Former Tigers outfielder Mickey Stanley

Football

Former Bears and Saints running back Brad Muster
Former Jets safety Erik McMillan
Former Bengals quarterback Ken Anderson
Former Broncos linebacker Michael Brooks
Former Cardinals safety Ken Greene
Former Patriots and Raiders corner Mike Haynes
Vikings running back Toby Gerhart
Former Colts and Browns quarterback Mike Pagel
Former Dolphin linebacker Zach Thomas-In his Texas Tech uniform!
Former Bills quarterback Frank Reich

Basketball
Former Kings guard Travis Mays
Former coach Larry Brown-enclosed a note thanking me for the letter!

Hockey
Former Oilers winger Petr Klima
Former Devils defenseman Viacheslav Fetisov


Greensboro Grasshoppers (Hagerstown)
Christian Yelich-Signed a ton of cards,but I was the only guy there and told him that was everything that I had for me and my traders.
He said he usually does not do that many,but he'd make an exception..
Zachary Neal-Neal is the pitcher that Bryce Harper blew a kiss to.
Marcell Ozuna
Jordan Conley-former Xavier Musketeer

Richmond Flying Squirrels (Harrisburg)
Francisco Peguero
Charlie Culbertson ( on a yellow tri-star 1/25)
Eric Surkamp
Chuck Lofgren-I had never met Lofgren,who had a mixed reputation among the graphers ,but I found him very nice and chatted a bit.
Two minutes later and down the walkway a bit,Lofgren blew up on another collector saying "Didn't you just see me standing down there and signing for those guys?!"
Chris Dominguez
Wendell Fairley-1 per person

Former Pirate Oliver Perez,who spent the year with Harrisburg,signed one card.

Winston-Salem Dash (Frederick)
Jared Mitchell
Andy Wilkins-Told me to ask Jerry "The King" Lawler to stick around after the game as he wanted his autograph!!
Santos Rodriguez
Jake Petricka

Frederick Keys-Meet the team day
Manny Machado-1 per,which is fine usually,but on Meet the team day?
Kipp Schutz
Jonathan Schoop
Former Oriole Mike Devereaux-always a class act.

Lexington Legends
Tanner Bushue
Jay Austin-Spent so much time talking and joking around with us that the manager yelled at him!
Mike Kvasnicka

Thanks to the following for help
Brad Adams-Tom Browning in Scranton
Bill Cover-Kei Igawa in Harrisburg
Corey Cunningham-Domingo Santana in Hagerstown,the day after the Astros got Santana in the Hunter Pence trade.One day left here for Lexington,get him or not and Corey went over and got him.
Tracy Mackereth-Delino DeShields in Hagerstown,Called into work,stopped by the Muni on my way there and Tracy helped me out with DeShields....
Corey White-Corey got the guys that I missed in Tennessee for me and will have more mentions in future signing fronts,Brian Harper,Brett Jackson,Rebel Ridling,Kevin Rhoderick among others....

Thanks again to my friends and more to come as we only trimmed the stacks from 3 to 2 large piles after this post!

No comments: