Friday, July 26, 2013

What's up with me?

Sorry,it's been a week.
Various things to do and at this time of year,I'm not motivated as much as usual.

I've had a fun time though.
Graphing as always,lunch with a friend from the past (Ever notice that once you reach a certain age,you tap dance around the word old?),Phil Mickelson's big victory at the British Open and enjoying a vacation at home has been among the highlights
Still,there is a void without the faithful Theodore and that is to be expected.

I've tried to keep myself busy with doing things and if there can be a 'good' time for something to happen,this is it because at least I am busy instead of moping around the home office.
I have games from today through the rest of my vacation,more in August,a trip to New York with the lovely Cherie and my annual cookout/fantasy football draft weekend,so the adjustment period might go a bit smoother than I thought.

In fact,I feel kinda guilty.
There is almost a freedom around the house that did not exist with taking care of Teddy.
You don't realize in the midst of doing things,but there is a grueling routine involved and after he left us,it truly hit home just how structured things were.
It's enjoyable to escape that,yet it carries with it the guilt of enjoying it at the cost of our beloved friend.

I am looking forward to the month of August and enjoying the days without work currently as well.
I don't miss being at work,although for the most part,I don't mind my job.

Thanks to my favorite Aunt Becky for sending me home some Jones Potato Chips from my dad's recent trip to Ohio!
Since dad would be unlikely to pick the chips up and even less likely to remember what I needed (Love you,Dad!),I did an end around and made as simple as him putting them in his car!
Thanks,Becky,I love you dearly,but let me pay for them next time!

I so enjoyed Cherie and I's lunch with Krista. I haven't seen her in years and through the wonders on Facebook,we re-connected.
Krista may be the only person that I know that suffered through the agony of rural isolation,hippie elementary school in the 70's and the hell that was Springfield Middle in the early 80's with me and did so with intellect-HA!
Part of talking to Krista over the last year has been discussing just how brutal that time period was in school and it has been cathartic for me to get some of those things out of the brain pan.
Thanks to her for listening and for offering her experiences along with a great lunch as well!

I've also spent the last week thinking about future posts,even as I haven't been writing!
Some planned posts down the road (no time constraints) are Cherie and I's homeschooling experience as we wrap it up,over vaccinating children,thoughts on gasoline taxes/energy solutions and the beginning of the Shawn at 45 series,where I look at places that got me here with maybe even (gasp) a picture or two.

Don't worry though to my sports readers,I'll have plenty to occupy you too!
I have massive amounts of cards already waiting to be listed on the signing front with another month plus to go,football on its way and hockey close on its heels.

Hope that catches you up.I plan on being back later with the overdue post on Jaromir Jagr signing with the Devils.




No comments: