Sunday, August 4, 2013

Dull days and reflections

After a trading deadline that saw the likes of Robert Andino and Marc Rzepczynski as the only players moved by any of the three teams,I was thinking of something to write about.
So,I need something to type about.

As I pondered a subject,I thought a little about the demands of this blog.
I try to write everyday,but at this time of year,it has become tough with the time spent graphing.
Over the years of doing this,I have developed a healthy respect for columnists in the professional world that have to come up with posts on the slowest of days.
It seems not so difficult,but some times it can be quite demanding.

When I write about sports,I feel on pretty solid ground,but when I veer off that track-not so much.
Oh,I don't mind standing behind an opinion,after all,that is much of what this is,but I do wonder about ticking off friends and many of our readership is just that-friends.
Politics is often a difficult topic for the best of friends and I have my stance on them as I do religion,but some of my best friends have opposite views and despite my beliefs,theirs are just as valid to them and I attempt to tread lightly.

Some times I wonder just what I am doing here,writing about sports,but I also write about other things-namely me and things important to me from the past.
When I was thinking about this,what I find that I enjoy the most about the personal things is this-I am leaving something behind.
I am leaving material behind for the people that I care about and people that aren't even here yet to know a little bit about me.
I doubt that a future grandchild or great grandchild will care much about the Pirates adding Robert Andino or the Devils losing Ilya Kovalchuk from retirement,but they could find some of the personal posts interesting.
Think of it as a way to get to know someone that might not be around or as open to remembrances if they are.
I wish my father, grandfathers or even great grandfathers had some way of allowing me to look back at their past and one thing about this digital age that is positive is that it is so easy to leave such a log (or blog) behind.

It isn't always fun,but more often than not,I enjoy this.
Readership is not what I hoped it would be,but it's sizable enough that I get a kick out of people talking to me about what I write.
It never ceases to amaze me when people inform me about my own life and opinions and I wonder if I would have more enjoyment,if I did have higher readership numbers.
I'm grateful for what I have,but I am always looking for a way to build.
It is what I do-ball clubs,collections and this as well-I build things,even though I am unable to build things that many take for granted.

Thanks for sticking around,I'll accept any offers to build readership,ideas for slow day posts
and as I told Battlin' Bob years ago-This isn't work,it's fun and when it's not,it is time to say goodbye.

No comments: