Thursday, October 24, 2013

Campbell for Weeden and why no recap....

First off,why no recap for the Cleveland Browns 31-13 loss in Green Bay?
Good day with good company led to me watching a little less closely than usual as Ryan,Battlin Bob and the Jeff were over.
So since there were different teams for each person,we flipped around a lot from game to game and as a result,I didn't watch as closely and didn't have as much time to watch a replay.

Since I didn't have a chance to take care of that as I normally would and with work duties calling,I passed for this week and the same went for the Devils 4-1 loss in Columbus.
I will be caught up now and will return to coverage Thursday as the Devils host Vancouver.

The Browns and head coach Rob Chudzinski said all the usual things that one says to avoid starting a quarterback that previously had not.
Brandon Weeden was an unpopular choice after another sorry outing among fans and media,but it certainly seemed like Browns fans were going to be subjected to another Weeden week.
After that,it was somewhat surprising that the Browns then announced that Jason Campbell would get the start for the teams visit in Kansas City next Sunday.

Not that Campbell doesn't deserve a chance and it sure isn't because I want to see another start from Weeden,but this decision places the team in a position of almost no return.
If Campbell doesn't play well,the Browns cannot go back to Weeden.
Not after benching him twice in the first half of the season anyway.
This move brings questions such as this-If Campbell is bad,what can be tried from there?
Certainly not Weeden and its doubtful that emergency QB Marquis Gray would get the start from TE,so that leaves bringing someone in from the outside and that usually works so well (Sarcasm).
Who would that be? Beats me.

I understand the move and I even support it because I might lose my mind watching one more Brandon Weeden underhand cornhole toss,but be warned that this decision sends the Browns down an unsure road that might lead to even more bad football....

No comments: