Thursday, December 11, 2014

Q and A

Time to answer a few questions from a few of you on the Q and A.
Keep in mind that I keep questions in mind when I talk/write to people,so these aren't always formal questions...

Q-What did you think about the baseball hall of fame not inducting any players from the "golden era"in their latest vote?

A- Disappointed that Dick Allen and Tony Oliva fell one vote short.
I've always been concerned about the HOF becoming the "Hall of Very Good" and some really good players were on the ballot this time.
I've been a proponent of Dick Allen for years and with the greater base on advanced numbers,Allen's case will only grow.
I'd even go this far-if Allen was on the regular ballot today,he'd get in eventually.
Luis Tiant has similar to better numbers than several guys in the HOF and Christina Kahrl has swung me to supporting Minnie Minoso as well.
One final point on this-if it's acceptable for the HOF to hold a vote every year,is it too much to ask for this committee to meet every year rather than every three?
Considering the age of the candidates in the cache' and the outrage over Ron Santo not getting in until after his passing,I believe that this group should meet once a year,just like the regular voters.

Q-What do you think about the Hagerstown Suns staying for another two years?

A-I'm happy of course,but I still have questions about the teams long term viability here.
The team is locked in for 2015 and 16 and that's more than I would have expected.
However,the team has many bridges to rebuild in the community and as long as there are political hacks (and I have words that I'd rather type ) like Kristin Aleshire out there on the city council,I still don't feel safe in saying that we are out of the woods yet.

Q-Why does the Cavaliers coverage come and go?

A- Simply this.If the Devils and Cavaliers play on the same night.
I watch the Devils.
Now you may be asking just why I watch non-playoff hockey when I could be watching a title contending basketball team?
Easy,I watch it with Rachel.
I won't have her forever and the time I spend with her now,I can't get back later.
Even if it means I sit through some awful hockey...

Q- Where's more autograph talk?

A-I still have tons of cards sitting around and I just don't feel it.
I'm really looking forward to baseball season and all,but still not feeling the graphing bug yet...

Q- What do you do over the winter?

A-Work and write.
I do enjoy the relaxing and I am enjoying the holiday season,but I don't DO much of anything.
I have our annual trip to Hershey planned,but otherwise waiting for warm weather...

Q- Any baseball trips in store?

A- Not sure,but I have one in mind that I have never considered,but with gas prices beginning to fall and projected to possibly get to the ballpark of two dollars a gallon,it has been a possible trip.
I don't want to jinx it,but it has moved from very unlikely to possibly if all fell right....

Back later tonight with any news out of the rule v draft and the Devils on the road again.....

No comments: