Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Been Busy-Boxing Challenge

I've been very busy over the last few days.
Frederick and Harrisburg over the weekend,a home disaster on Monday and a trip on Tuesday with the lovely Cherie have kept me from updating the blog.
I'll try to get some bonus posts up soon.
With everything going on,the podcast missed a week,which might be good with the storage down for this month!
Hope to have a new one ready Monday.

The Boxing Challenge saw R.L. Malpica and I added one point to our total and maintained a tie at 34.


Danny Garcia earned a majority decision over Lamont Peterson,but Peterson may have won the night.
Garcia's face was swollen with Peterson being unmarked,but Peterson used way too much movement in giving away early rounds.
Had Peterson started earlier,this fight would have likely gone his way,but I thought the scoring was fair.
I scored the bout 115-113 for Garcia.

Andy Lee held off an early barrage from Peter Quillin and salvaged a draw with a knockdown of Quillin in the seventh round to offset two earlier knockdowns.
Not the most thrilling bout I've ever seen and I agreed with the draw of 113-113.
I think neither of these guys are a remote threat to Gennady Golovkin.

I wrote that the minor PPV bout of Orlando Salido vs Rocky Martinez would be the fight of the day.
I didn't see Martinez's unanimous decision win,but most that were able to see it were raving about the win for its action....

Hope to be back with more soon.

No comments: