Monday, April 20, 2015

WAR and the boxing Challenge

The Boxing Challenge continued with four bouts and it ended as it began with R.L.Malpica and I tied-this time at 37 with each of adding three points on the evening.

The best fight was the war on HBO between Junior Welterweights Lucas Matthysse and Ruslan Provodnikov,which went back and forth with Matthysee winning a hairline majority decision.
I scored the fight 114-114,but wouldn't quibble with the two judges scoring the bout 115-113 for Matthysse.
Anytime that you score the bout a draw and someone else scored 7-5 in rounds for one fighter,you cannot complain.
When I get mad at decisions is when someone gets a 10-2 round edge in a tight fight.
That is how you get the negative connotations that follow the sport around.
Matthysse might have won the fight,but you cannot watch the fight and not give Provodnikov the night.
What a warrior!
I'm a huge fan of both of these guys and they gave us a great battle.
Check the podcast out for more of my thoughts on this fight!

Terrence Crawford stopped Thomas Dulorme in the sixth round and gave R.L. and I each two points.
I thought Dulorme was a bit overrated coming into the bout and after the third round,Crawford swung the bout his way.
Crawford vs Matthysse would be an interesting bout in that division.

The myth of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr was finished for good as he was bullied around by Andrezji Fonfara,dropped in round nine and then quit in his corner.
Chavez Jr was way behind on my card,although I didn't see him beaten as badly as most.
In any event,he came in unprepared,listless and then quit.
Chavez is now damaged goods and should be handled very lightly by a promoter and looked at with questions by the fan...

Back tomorrow with more!

No comments: