Monday, July 20, 2015

Jessica Rosales Interview-Part 1

Today,we start our latest interview with Jessica Rosales,who is the reporter and host for Golden Boy Promotions and their boxing broadcasts,most recently on Fox Sports One.
Jessica has also worked for the Los Angeles Dodgers on as an in-game host and has done assignments for various entertainment networks..
We welcome Jessica,thank her for her time in doing the TRS interview and are excited to announce that she has agreed to appear on the podcast sometime in the fall!

TRS: Tell us a little bit about your background.Where did you grow up etc?

Jessica Rosales: I grew up in the Antelope Valley (CA) and graduated from Palmdale High School.
I then attended Cal State Northridge and have been living in the valley ever since!
Love being here because I am very close to all of my family and we don't live too far from each other.
Just a drive away and that's usually how I like to recharge the batteries,,,with all my loved ones! :)

TRS: Did you have an athletic background in school?

JR: I grew up very active in gymnastics and cheerleading,but in high school,I stuck to the sideline.
I was a flyer and tumbler on our squad and a captain my senior year.
Friday night football games are still some of my favorite memories from high school.
But a lot of my high school life was spent editing and reporting for our Visual Communications class.
I started my career pretty early on!!!

TRS:Where did you go to college and I assume your major was either journalism or radio/tv?

JR: I attended Cal State Northridge (Go Matadors!) and majored in journalism with an emphasis in broadcasting.

TRS: How did you find your way into working for the Dodgers as an in-game host?

JR: I actually worked covering the Dodgers since 2008 (until 2013) for Time Warner Cable's "Dodgers on Demand"-an exclusive video on demand channel that was 100 % Dodgers.
From that,I became good friends with a lot of people that were Dodger employees and in 2014,i was asked to audition for the in-stadium host role and didn't have to think twice about it.
It was an amazing experience,I really enjoyed my time welcoming the fans and hosting the in-stadium games,but the best part was being around all the people
that I became great friends with while working for TWC all those years.
It was such a great environment,lots of amazing friends and support and in a heartbeat I would do it again.
So,if the Dodgers are reading this :)

TRS: What were the pros and cons of being a stadium host

JR: Pros-Everything! I really considered this my fun job,at the time I was working three place and I've enjoyed each and every position that I've held,but there was something very different for me being at Dodger Stadium and with Dodger fans and all my friends,I really felt in my element.Can't top that feeling.

Cons;The schedule.I wish I would have had more games to host,but being traveling with Golden Boy (Promotions) and also working with TVG,there were conflicts with that...

I apologize for the font and backgrounds differences,but there is a issue with my email size.
Look for part two coming up soon!! 

No comments: