Sunday, November 15, 2015

Buckeyes drop Illinois,Bullpen notes!!!

Ohio State kept the Illibuck trophy with a 28-3 win over Illinois.
Ezekiel Elliott rushed for 181 yards and two scores to lead the now 10-0 Buckeyes to the victory.
Ohio State will host Michigan State next Saturday before traveling to you know where the following Saturday...

I was exhausted from work and went to sleep,so I missed the game up until late in the third quarter.
The result is that I'm not going to do game coverage.
I suggest going to Eleven Warriors for that,if you wish.

Bullpen Notes

Those of you that were here at the beginning few years might remember a different format on coverage and bullpen notes finished the coverage.
For one day,it's the return of bullpen notes!

I watched the second and third period of the Devils 4-0 win over Pittsburgh,even though I was home.
The Devils seem to be putting it all together under John Hynes,but a word of caution-I've seen a change of system and attitude jump start teams that lack some talent before and rarely do they sustain it all season.

New Jersey goes out to Western Canada for a four game swing,just as I do a 13 day work run.
SO that means I doubt if we will have much Devils coverage until I return....

Finally,thrilled to see the upset of the world as Holly Holm knocked out Ronda Rousey in Australia in the female MMA title fight.
Some of you may remember the podcast where I discussed my weariness of Rousey and my wish to see her beaten.
I didn't go as far to pick Holm to beat Rousey because I don't know enough about that sport to make a logical reason to predict things,but yesterday on twitter before the fight,I made a few remarks and watched the weigh-in for the bout.
It made me see two things to relate to boxing and made me think Holm could win.
The first was the obvious where Rousey seemed a little nervous and jittery compared to Holm.
Sometimes (not always) a fighter in Rousey's position acts that way because some doubt has crept in.
Interesting to watch as Rousey scuffled with Holm and that relates to my second point.
Holly Holm looked to be the bigger fighter.
In the scuffle,it was Holm swinging down on Rousey and keeping her at bay.
If she could do that there,there was a chance she could do that in the fight.
It reminded me of the 1980 fight between Pipino Cuevas and Thomas Hearns,which was a pickem fight between two stars that ended in a spectacular KO that sent Hearns on the road to stardom.
Hearns looked to be so much more of a physical power than Cuevas that you took one look at the fighters,it made you think-the bigger fighter has a major edge,if they take advantage of it.
Holm did.





No comments: