Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Browns lose Craig Robertson

It's a slow day as far as news at the TRS media empire.
No Cavaliers,Devils,baseball not here yet and despite having a really fun podcast finished and ready to go,I decided to wait a little bit before I use that one.
Plus the impending exciting fire safety class that I have to take today and not only is it a slow news day-it's a slow life day!

The only nugget of news is the Cleveland Browns losing linebacker Craig Robertson to the Saints via the free agency route.
Robertson only played in 12 games last season after playing in all 16 the previous two seasons and finished with 29 solo tackles and an interception.

Robertson is a decent,but nothing outstanding inside linebacker and the Saints are trying to hodge-podge some veterans around 2015 first rounder Stephone Anthony (They have now signed 3 veteran linebackers including former Buckeye James Laurinaitis),so it depends on how things work out,if Robertson starts in New Orleans,although I'm sure he'll see playing time.

I'm OK with allowing Robertson to leave,I think DeMario Davis is a superior player and will more than likely out-perform Robertson's numbers in Cleveland.
Robertson always played with a high motor though and I don't have anything bad to say about him,just the Browns replaced him with a better player,which is something I usually can't say about the Browns.

A final note,yes,I have noticed in the posts of players leaving that I always use the old uniform shots when possible,
There will be a day that comes that makes that impossible,but until that day-I'll pretend that the ugly "Alec Scheiner" specials simply don't exist in this timeline....

No comments: