Saturday, June 17, 2017

Boxing Challenge

The boxing challenge returns this weekend with the rematch of Andre Ward vs Sergey Kovalev for three of the four light heavyweight titles..
I lead the challenge 70-66,but Ramon Malpica has been cutting into my lead of late...

I scored Kovalev a clear 116-111 winner in their first fight and I think that a motivated Kovalev should be a scary thing for Andre Ward.
If you read my work or listen to Fightheads,you should know my respect for Andre Ward the fighter,my lack of respect for his attitude and my extreme dislike for his fighting style,so I am rooting for Kovalev (Love the Marvin Hagler style throwback hat)but this should be a very close fight that once again could swing on the eyes of the judges...
The undercard features the brilliant but dull Guillermo Rigondeaux defending his WBA junior featherweight title against mandatory contender Moises Flores and talented light heavyweight Dmitry Bivol against former Kovalev victim Cedric Agnew.
The other challenge bout is Tyron Zeuge defending his minor 168 pound title against Paul Smith in Germany.

WBA/IBF/WBO Light Heavyweight Titles.12 rds
Andre Ward vs Sergey Kovalev
R.L:Kovalev Unanimous Decision
TRS:Kovalev Split Decision

WBA Junior Featherweight Title.12 rds
Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Moises Flores
Both:Rigondeaux Unanimous Decision

Light Heavyweights.10 rds
Dmitry Bivol vs Cedric Agnew
R.L: Bivol KO 6
TRS:Bivol KO 4

Super Middleweights.12 rds
Tyron Zeuge vs Paul Smith
Both:Zeuge Unanimous Decision

No comments: