The pay per view card Saturday saw just three points between Ramon Malpica and myself awarded-two to me for a total of 130-107...
Neither of us added points for the controversial loss for Sergey Kovalev against Andre Ward.
Kovalev dominated the early rounds and scored a knockdown in the second.
I scored Kovalev a 116-111 (8-4 in rounds) winner and watched the fight twice to be fair.
Fairness is important to me and I wanted to make sure there was no bias with me being a Kovalev fan and not one of Ward,so I watched again and gave every close round to Ward.
All of that and I still had Kovalev a 114-113 winner (6-6 in rounds,but the knockdown making the difference).
I've seen worse decisions,but it's been a long time for one this bad in a fight of this importance.
I didn't see the undercard,but that's where the points were scored.
Junior welterweights Maurice Hooker and Darley Perez fought to a draw.
I picked up a point in Oleskander Gvozdyk's win over Issac Chilemba,when the veteran could not answer the bell for round nine in light heavyweight action.
Ramon and I added a point each for Curtis Stevens and his unanimous decision over James De La Rosa.
Tune into Fight Heads tonight for Ramon and I's thoughts on Kovalev-Ward!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ohio State rolls past Ball State
Unlike that school up North that won over Western Michigan in the biggest injustice since the 1972 Olympic Gold Medal game in basketball...
-
Some people have just been unlucky in life. It's hard to call Jose Luis Castillo unlucky in his career. After all, Castillo was a t...
-
We return to the Forgotten Superstars universe with an actual "Superstar" by name as our latest entry in the series. The recen...
-
Last year as the ballots for the boxing hall of fame was announced, I wrote about two fighters that deserved induction and had not receive...

No comments:
Post a Comment