Sunday, May 24, 2020

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to my wonderful wife of now 33 years.

Cherie is kind, patient (boy, does she need that with me!) and loyal to a thought.
She's been tolerant of outside influences (some very good and others very bad) that could affect many marriages but drew us closer together without needing to suffocate the other.

While our life at home has been consistently good, she's managed to battle through dealings with people that had their selfish interests at heart, rather than be happy for our "team" happiness and be an excellent wife, mother, and daughter to the people that she cares about.

I'm not sure that I could have handled the stress of my mom's passing without her calm strength and fortitude.
Cherie's not the type of person that needs to have the lights of the center ring on her and she doesn't need to have her ego stroked, but if you are a member of our "family" which includes several of our friends, there is no better person to have your back when she is needed.

I don't like to play the "Greatest" ever this or "Best" that as so many do on social media and other platforms.
That's always so subjective and you always feel like "how can everyone be the greatest?", but I have no problems writing this- I couldn't have selected a better person for me to spend my life with and I do believe that my life would have taken a different and worse turn had I not been fortunate enough to have her say "yes".

A quick word of thanks to Ryan, Rachel, "Posey", family members, and all of our friends for being part of our lives.
I appreciate all that you do in the various forms as part of my "family" and what you have brought to my life.
I have a few special "shoutouts", but I'm holding onto those for my birthday post.

I'm still in the process of another Friends and Family post that I've started three times, so that will with luck will be finished soon...

No comments: