Saturday, February 27, 2021

Vaccine

    I've been away for a few days and despite my intentions to write about victories by the Cavaliers (over Houston), and the Devils (over Buffalo), I was feeling ill.

On Wednesday, I received my second dose of the Covid vaccine (Moderna version) as my job provided it for their employees, which I applaud them for.

I didn't feel bad at all after the first dose and other than some mild pain in my arm, I wouldn't have thought anything extra would have happened had I not thought about it!

The second dose has reported possible side effects for a day or two following the injection and I can confirm that they do exist.

The worst part was the pain in my arm, which was much much worse than after the first dose.

The first day after the shot, my arm hurt very badly to the point of not being able to lie on or lean against anything.

I also had some stomach sickness and some weakness, but nothing that couldn't be gotten past and I did struggle through the workday, but the second day was much improved and it was just about gone except for the arm pain, which still hurts a bit but not nearly as much as on the first day.

Other than that, I feel no different and if you are a person that wonders about getting the vaccine when the time arises that you have an opportunity, I would hope that you would consider it.

I've never gotten a flu shot in my life and I'm not sure that I'll go and get a Covid shot every year, but the process was smooth, the side effects brief, and considering the need to get our country back to normal, I didn't have a problem going and knocking this out.

It seems like every day another expert shows up on television or online and declares that things are close to breaking and normal life could resume by the late summer or says that we are close to hitting another "surge" with variants evolving and problems continuing into the future.

Since we just don't know which extreme to believe, it's hard to lock in on what to think (Which is some of the problems that we have politically currently) about the vaccine and the confusion around us all is certainly enough to make all but the concrete partisan think a bit.

I understand why anything right now could make anyone take pause, but think about it.

It's not so bad...




No comments: