Saturday, September 2, 2023

PPM

   It's time for another year of the PPM also known as the Pigskin Pickin' Machine for choices for the football week.

There is one minor change for this season as the shakeup of conferences has taken Houston from the AAC and into the Big 12 and since they aren't able to replace Texas Tech in that conference, I do need a replacement in the AAC for the Cougars.

SMU was the early lean with their Southwest Conference heritage but with the announcement that they will be joining the ACC next season, I decided to pass on the Mustangs and instead add a newcomer to that league in the Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners.

I also had to decide on the "face" of the PPM which changes each year and I was really thinking about who that would be for, Today, I chose the favorite character of the show that I'm currently binging- Cobra Kai.

Those who know me know of my "Karate Kid" fandom and its current updated version "Cobra Kai" which does such an excellent job of updating the lives of the characters from the original three-film series from the 1980s and adding a new generation of characters to the universe.

And My favorite of those is "Tory Nichols" played by Peyton List, who does a good job mixing a hellish character with eventual empathy but most of all she plays her with just a touch of camp that makes you think of some of the female villains on the Batman 66 television series.

Combined with last season's host, Barbara Eden, I thought it would be a good transition from someone from the past who is much older to someone from the present much younger.

College

Ohio State over Indiana 45-13
Texas Tech over Wyoming 39-17
Boise State over Washington 39-37
N.C.State over Connecticut 27-13
Liberty over Bowling Green 31-21
Georgia Southern over The Citadel 28-15
Houston over UTSA 37-31
Oregon State over San Jose State 31-20
Arkansas over Western Carolina 52-7
Alabama over Middle Tennessee State 47-17



No comments: