Thursday, May 14, 2009

Long road back!


After a almost two week break due to various reasons,I am beginning to get this vehicle back on track.
Look for multiple posts over the next few days to attempt to bail the water off the deck a bit.
Thanks to some of the readers that asked about where we had been and to the two of you that wondered if I was OK and if anything was wrong.
I am fine,just busy with work,some family issues (not involving me for the most part) and covering the Suns and Keys during that time.

I am going to use this post to catch up on some personal things and then will return in another post later with thoughts on what you mainly want to read about.
Or at least I hope so.....

Life is good at the home office despite a reduction in the paycheck with the minor loss of hours.
Now having three days off instead of two makes me feel more like a normal human being.
The money loss will hit at times,no doubt about it,but I feel so much better, more energetic and rested after just one week of my new schedule.

One of the things that I actually feel like doing now is taking Dayton or "Big Ed" as I affectionately call him for walks.
Never felt that I had time or energy to do that as much before,yet now I find that I enjoy taking the big guy out for walks....
Now if I could just get his one major problem dealt with,I would feel really great about Big Ed...

Rachel has been taking pictures of Ed and of course the irrepressible Teddy and I will try to get some of them up for future viewing here soon.

I am more and more seriously looking at a laptop purchase to travel with me to work.
With the downtime that I have there,I could really get this blog hopping,let alone being able to revitalize the flagging fortunes of the fantasy teams of mine that have been struggling with lack of attention....

I still haven't forgotten the Pirates top prospects post that has been promised for so long and actually it has been finished on paper for quite a while,it just has been handicapped by the aforementioned lack of time.

Lots of cards to talk about for an On the Signing Front and for the first time ever,OtSF might have a post all to itself.
Since the last version,the Suns have hosted Lake County,Greensboro and West Virginia,while we have seen Frederick against Winston-Salem and last night Myrtle Beach in a game that was well played and low scoring yet never seemed to end.....

I would also like to thank the few people close enough to know over the last weeks to ask about my dad.
As part of the various issues that occurred in my extended family over the last two weeks,my father was attacked in a cowardly three on one ambush and was left with various injuries to his arm from a bite (literally,a chomp from a human mouth) from a gutless wonder that is half his age.
Dad is doing fine and never missed a day of work,which shows the toughness of the man.

In closing,we will follow with tradition when we return from various hiatuses.


Back later with another post on whatever strikes me from the inbox!

Photo Credits
Thunderstorm:PittsburghSkyline.com

No comments: