Thursday, April 7, 2011

Eric Krebs Interview-Part 2

Finally back to the Eric Krebs interview as I got a bit behind...

TRS: Did you enjoy Chattanooga or just another place?

EK: I really liked Chattanooga. Quiet town and reminds me of Williamsport but just a lot bigger and a greater population

TRS:Was it your idea to pitch winter ball or the Dodgers?
 
EK: At the end of the season I thought to myself I wouldn't mind going to play but its not my call and I couldn't tell them that. So I was just at home one day and got a call in the middle of Nov askin' if I wanted to go play and how quick I could get my arm back in shape to go down there.
 
TRS: You pitched in just five games,any injury issues?
 
EK: Nope, my arm was fine. I went down there and threw a few bullpens then a sim game first. My velocity was varying down there a bit since I wasn't fully in shape yet but I felt great

TRS: Was there any special reason that Puerto Rico was picked?
 
EK: They needed a RHP in the bullpen and I didn't need a passport to go there.
 
TRS: Anything that the Dodgers wanted you to work on special there??
 
EK: Just go there and pound the strike zone. I felt I did a good job of it. Granted I walked 2 guys but 1 was the first hitter I faced after not pitching since sept 7th. I tried to challenge the hitters down there.

No comments: