Saturday, April 16, 2011

Eric Krebs Interview-Part 3

We finish the Eric Krebs interview before the conclusion that I'll post soon...

TRS: Are you likely to start 2011 in Chattanooga or is there a chance of starting in AAA?

EK: I'll more than likely start in Chattanooga again
TRS: Any interesting road stories from 2010?
If you don't want to name names,that's cool,if you want to tell a funny story.
EK: Hmm...well this year in Carolina us bullpen guys decided to start throwin chewed up pieces of gum around the first base umpires feet. We like to call them "shoe bombs". well he started to notice it and was kicking them out of the way. He was like I'll win this battle so we thought he was gonna throw some at us so we started piling them on. We prolly had 40 Pieces of gum around him. well, he decides to tell our manager. Manager thought it was funny but made us go pick all of it up in the middle of a inning..Haha and of course I was the ring leader

TRS: Were you with Andrew Lambo in Chattanooga when he was dealt to the Pirates.If so did he ask anything of you about what to expect from the Pirates?

EK: No I wasn't. I was already back in good ole San Bernardino

TRS: What is your off season training like?

EK: Workout, cardio, and throw

TRS: Any particular players you train with?

EK: I work out and throw with Brad Lincoln

TRS: Do you work with a coach in the off season or stay on your own?

EK:I stay on my own

TRS: How much did you enjoy Eastbound and Down's second season?

EK: Really liked it but I did miss a few episodes so I'm waiting to buy season 1 and 2 since someone decided to steal my season 1.

TRS: The show was set in Mexico,but filmed in Puerto Rico,where you played winter ball,were there similarities?

EK: Oh there were alot. Fans were the same, Music at the games, when they pronounced my last name, I'm not joking either, they said Eric Kreps, Kreps now pitching. I kinda started laughing cause I knew they would just like now pitching kenny powders, powers, powders! Only thing missing was someone riding in on a donkey

TRS: Finally,if you were casting your friends in baseball for the Eastbound and Down movie-who would play the major roles?

EK: Well me or (Brad)  Lincoln would be Kenny Powers..My buddy Justin Vaclavik would be Clegg. and just to mess around I'd put (Dan) Moskos as Stevie. I have a few different girls that could fit the part as April.

No comments: