Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cavaliers drop 4th in a row.

The Cleveland Cavaliers traveled to Philadelphia and were never really in the game against the 76ers as they lost their fourth straight game to Philly 103-85.
The 17-30 Cavaliers were led by Anthony Parker's 14 points and will be in Detroit tonight against the Pistons.

Swashbucklings

1) When Anthony Parker and 14 points leads your team in scoring for the night that says more than I can write for the quality of the Cavaliers on this evening.

2) Forty percent from the floor will not win too many games and when the bench accounts for the highest percentage,that means problems.
When your best three starters (Irving,Jamison and Gee) shoot 13 for 39 on the game,the amount of games that are won are likely to be few...

3) Luke Walton made his Cavalier debut against Phoenix in a game that I missed,so this was the first game that I have seen Walton with the team.
Walton played 14 minutes and drilled a three pointer for his only points...

4) Kyrie Irving did hit three shots from beyond the arc,but only one otherwise in a 12 point,seven assist game.
Irving is sharpening up his long range shooting as the season goes and I believe that adding that refinement to his game will pay dividends next season to go with a full training camp.

5) Omri Casspi bothers me.
Casspi shot 0 for 5 from the floor and was seen laughing coming off the floor after another miss.
I have always been bothered by guys that are so full of smiles after poor outings,which Casspi has given many of this season...

I am working on a feature that I am sure some of you will enjoy and I am hoping to finish that tomorrow night from the road office....

Photo Credit:AP Photo

No comments: