Sunday, March 18, 2012

Penguins roll over Devils 5-2

The Pittsburgh Penguins came to town on a roll and had Sidney Crosby back in the lineup,so you knew that this was going to be a tough day.
It was worse than expected as the New Jersey Devils did not play well in a 5-2 loss that could have been far worse had Martin Brodeur not played well.
The Devils received goals from Petr Sykora (16) and Andy Greene (1) in the loss.
The Devils will be on the road on Monday and Tuesday against the Rangers and then on to Ottawa.


Hell Raisers

1) That says about all that I can say about the game when the goaltender that allowed five goals on the box score played the best of any player on the team.
Martin Brodeur's stat line was deceiving-he played very well...

2) The Devils wore their red and green jersey for their around St.Patrick Day game for the third year in a row.
It is well known that I love those jerseys with the red helmets and wish they were the full time togs,but I wish Pittsburgh would have played along with their baby blue throwbacks,which I also wish were their full time uniforms...

3) Outshot 44-14?
A period high of six?
I know the Penguins are playing sizzling hockey right now,but that number is ridiculous!

4) Bad defensive effort from top to bottom,read numbers 1 and 3 again for more facts than I feel like writing.

5) Admission time-I went to bed in the third period at 5-2.
I was exhausted from work and had not been to bed yet,I knew the Devils were not coming back and things might get worse,although they did not.
Sue me :)

Photo Credit:Bruce Bennett-Getty Images

No comments: